More information about...
Let me answer a few questions
1. This is a 1.5 hour class
2. Most questions about your machine and how to use it will be answered in this class.
3. If you want to learn on your own machine bring it to class with all accessories
4. The first 1 1/2 hours will be all about the sewing machine
5. The last 1 1/2 if you choose to do 3 hours, we'll focus on using all the skills you've learned so far in putting together a bag to carry all your future sewing projects.
6. Three hour session is $56.00 (less than the cost of dinner and a movie for two)
7. Can you bring a date or a friend? ...this is encouraged
8. No more than 1 to 4 beginners per special session - (more is achieved in smaller sessions)
9. The session will not be cancelled because of class size (Bonus!)
10. Because of the hour of the class you need to be over 16 years old.
After you complete this session and you're amazed at why you waited sew long, let me know and I'll make sure I find a place for you in a follow up class to get you started on a matching zipper pouch for sewing tools.
Why is the Tote Bag
the first project?
The tote bag is a pretty simple straight forward beginner project. It is also a practical project that anyone can use. If you don't need it, it will make a pretty good gift.
Both projects are lined
Suggested yardage includes straps
What to bring: at least 1/2 yard of outside fabric
at least 1/2 yard of lining fabric
Suggested Fabrics: Start with fabric that does not stretch and is medium weight
After you are comfortable with the sewing machine you may register to learn to sew any project.